Basic deposit protection information
- Deposits in Nordiska Kreditmarknadsaktiebolaget (publ) are protected by: The Swedish National Debt Office Deposit Insurance (1)
- Limitation of protection: SEK 1,050,000 per depositor per credit institution (2)
- If you have more deposits with the same credit institution: All your deposits with the same credit institution are added together and the total amount is covered by the limit of SEK 1,050,000 (2)
- If you have a joint account with other people: The limit of SEK 1,050,000 applies to each depositor separately (3)
- Compensation period if the credit institution fails: Seven working days (4)
- Currency: Compensation is given in Swedish kronor (SEK)
- Contact: The Swedish National Debt Office Deposit Insurance, 103 74 Stockholm, Telephone: 08-613 52 00, Email:email@example.com
- Further information: insättningsgarantin.se
System responsible for protecting your deposit
Your deposit is covered by a statutory Deposit Insurance Scheme. In the event of insolvency, your deposits will be repaid up to the value of SEK 1,050,000 by the Deposit Insurance Scheme.
General limitation of protection
If a deposit is unavailable due to a credit institutions are unable to meet their financial obligations, depositors will be reimbursed through a Deposit Insurance Scheme. This repayment covers a maximum of SEK 1,050,000 per credit institution.
This means that all deposits with one and the same credit institution are added together to be able to determine the guarantee level. For example, if a depositor has a savings account of SEK 900,000 and a salary account of SEK 350,000, the depositor will only be reimbursed with SEK 1,050,000.
In some cases, regarding funds relating to certain special specified events, such as the sale of a private home, termination of employment, inheritance or insurance compensation, deposits in excess of SEK 1,050,000, up to an amount of SEK 5,000,000, are protected. More information is available at insättningsgarantin.se
Restriction for joint accounts
In the case of joint accounts, the limit value of SEK 1,050,000 applies to each depositor.
Deposit insurance system
The Deposit Insurance System will refund your deposits (up to SEK 1,050,000) within seven working days at the latest. If you have not received a refund within these deadlines, you should contact the Deposit Insurance System as the possibility of claiming a refund may expire after a certain period of time.
Further information is available at insättningsgarantin.se
Which deposits are covered by the Deposit Insurance?
Deposits by private customers and companies are covered in rule of Deposit Insurance System.
Which deposits do not cover the Deposit Insurance?
The following Swedish or equivalent foreign depositors can not receive compensation from the Deposit Insurance: banks, credit market companies, insurance and reinsurance companies, financial aid associations, financial institutions according to the Act (2004: 297) on banking and financing operations, mutual funds and alternative investment funds, pension funds, county councils, municipalities or state authorities.
More information on the Deposit Insurance
Further information on exemptions for certain deposits can be found on the responsible Deposit Insurance Scheme's website.